Healthy, glowing and beautiful skin is always in! Women will stock up on every cream, moisturiser and mask that promises great skin. However, sometimes due to stress, environmental conditions and the weather, the skin tends to look dull and tired regardless. Apart from a good skincare routine therefore, your skin also needs some tender love and care using natural ingredients. These ingredients are easily available, are cost effective and so simple to work with. So if you are looking for effective home remedies for glowing skin, you’ve come to the right place.
Before we move on to giving you some home remedies for glowing skin, here are some other things that you should also start doing. One of the most basic yet often missed skincare essential is the sunscreen. UVA and UVB rays are responsible for most of your skin problems, whether it is premature aging, dark spots or uneven skin tone, the harmful rays of the sun can be quite damaging for your skin. Lack of a nutritious diet and an unhealthy lifestyle are two other factors responsible for dull and tired looking skin. If you really want the following home remedies to work, you also need to adopt a healthy lifestyle and also apply sunscreen on a daily basis.
One of the most gentle and nourishing ingredients sitting in your fridge that works really well for your skin is milk. Simply wiping your face with raw milk at the end of the day removes dirt, tan and other impurities sitting on your face, leaving it feeling soft and moisturised. To reap maximum benefits out of this wonderful ingredient try the following home remedy for glowing skin.
- In a bowl add 1 teaspoon gram flour, 1 teaspoon honey and 2 teaspoons of raw milk
- Mix the ingredients well to form a smooth paste
- Apply evenly all over your face and let it dry
- Rinse off with lukewarm water and pat dry to reveal soft and glowing skin
Skin that lacks moisture often looks dry and dull. And one of the most nourishing ingredients found in nature is coconut oil. Not only does it moisturise skin instantly but also locks in moisture for a long time, making it one of the most easy to use home remedies for glowing skin. To incorporate virgin coconut oil into your beauty routine, do the following.
- Apply a few drops of oil on your face and neck
- Using your fingertips gently massage the oil into your skin in upwards circular motions
- Allow the oil to work overnight and wash it off the next morning
Alternatively, you can add some brown sugar and use is as a natural scrub to exfoliate your skin once or twice a week. It will remove dead skin cells from the surface and reveal healthy glowing skin after each exfoliating session.
Honey works wonders for skin and hair health, whether you use it for application or include it in your diet. Raw or organic honey is the most effective and it is best if you can get your hands on one of the organic versions. Rich in antioxidants it makes skin smooth, soft and heals acne scars thereby reducing blemishes.
- Apply raw honey directly on cleansed damp skin
- Using your fingertips gently massage for a few minutes and let it stay for few more minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water
- Follow this home remedy for glowing skin every alternate day for best results
4. Aloe vera
We need not tell you the many benefits of aloe vera for your skin and hair. Other than healing and calming irritated or sunburnt skin, aloe vera also rejuvenates and nourishes skin. Using aloe vera in your daily skincare routine will considerably improve skin texture and keep several skin problems at bay.
-Take one tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- Add a tiny pinch of turmeric, 1 teaspoon of honey and milk
- Mix the ingredients well and apply evenly of face and neck
- Let it stay for 20 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water and pat dry
Ayurveda uses turmeric to heal a number of diseases due to its strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It has the power to eliminate toxins from the body and harmful free radicals when applied to the skin. Regular application of this home remedy for glowing skin also increases collagen production making your skin look youthful, supple and glowing.
- Mix together 4 tablespoons of gram flour and half teaspoon turmeric powder
- Add raw milk or water to this mixture to form a paste
- Apply evenly all over face and neck
- Leave it on for 15 minutes or until it dries before washing off with water.
The humble fruit is infused with vitamin A and an enzyme called papain that helps remove dead skin cells and inactive proteins. This helps rejuvenate skin, makes it look healthy, soft and glowing. It removes dirt and oil that lead to acne, breakouts and other skin problems. If premature aging is one of the skin concerns you are dealing with then this home remedy for glowing skin will solve that too.
- Take few pieces of ripe papaya and mash it in a bowl
- Now add 1 teaspoon each of fuller’s earth and honey to it
- Mix well to form a paste
- Apply all over face and neck
- Keep on for 20 minutes and wash off with lukewarm water
7. Green tea
Other than flushing out toxins from the body, green tea is also one of the most effective home remedies for glowing skin when applied. Rich in flavonoids, green tea improves collagen production and maintains the elasticity of skin. This delays signs of aging and makes your skin look healthy and glowing. To use green tea for glowing skin follow the steps below.
- Infuse the leaves of green tea in hot water till the tea is ready
- Allow the tea to cool down and take a few spoons of it in a bowl
- Now add 2 teaspoons of brown sugar and 1 teaspoon cream
- Mix well and apply all over face and scrub using fingertips in circular motions
- Rinse off with lukewarm water
- Repeat twice a week for best results
Another good read: Skin-by-Aduke